Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Movin' on up!

(Don't be misled by the title, I am not referring to actually moving into a house of our own.)

Dan and I have known that we want a big family since before we were married. After Cameron was born I 'decided' that I am done with pregnancies because pregnancy and I don't get along. At all. Dan and I have always had a huge passion for orphans and adopting so we have been focusing on growing our family in that direction. Well, His ways are not my ways and for that I am thankful. Come January, the Mahaffie family will be welcoming our newest addition into the world. That's right, we are pregnant! And I do say WE because when I am pregnant the whole family feels it in some fashion. Whether it is just not being able to play as long because I am just so tired or because I can't cook certain foods anymore unless I want to be sick from the smells. Either way, it is a family event for us.
When I first realized that we are expecting this little one, I will be honest, I wasn't looking forward to the challenges pregnancies bring. That same day, I was driving home after picking Taylor up from pre-school and we are going through the "what did you learn today" talk. She tells me "Today I learned 'Children are a gift from the Lord." At that point she didn't know about the baby. I just laughed and said "OK God, I needed that. Thank you for all three of my amazing gifts!"
So there it is folks. The Mahaffie's are Movin' on up to a family of 5! With hopes to still adopt someday. But first we need to work on this whole housing thing. The state gets a little picky about wanting you to actually have your own home before they let you adopt. What's that all about? ;)

1 comment: