Wednesday, September 19, 2012

paper paper everywhere!

So I have an ongoing struggle in our house. Constant piles of papers. Everywhere. Ok, maybe not everywhere but it feels like it. The largest contributors to these piles are Taylor's art work and her school work. I recently turned a wall in the dining room into a "Masterpieces" wall to display the art work.
I took several frames from goodwill and transformed them into 'art displays' like this one.



Art work piles: check!

But that still leaves the never ending stream of school work papers. Some are things that we need to work on at home (reading bingo, sight words, etc) some are her unfinished work that she needs to complete, others are info papers for mom, and of course the completed work with stickers and stars on them. I almost forgot about picture day yesterday because the papers for that were shuffled in with other "quality work", in a pile. SO, today I decided something needed to change about my 'filing system'.
My Solution:




A binder, a package of dividers, page protectors and of course, the label maker.



There is a tab for "At Home"  for ongoing things to do at home like reading bingo, etc, one for "Unfinished Work", one for "Mom's To Do" for important papers like picture day order forms, and another for "Quality Work" for a few of those papers with the stickers and stars (I am keeping these pages in chronological order so at the end of the year we can look back at her progress).
I have a feeling I will be making a couple more binders similar to this for other paper pile culprits. But for now, this will be a great start to ending the paper madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment